Dangerous Wildfire Season Predicted
Firefighters predict a dangerous wildfire season could be in store for North Central Florida this year. Even though some countywide burn bans have been lifted, firefighters warned wildfires are as serious a threat this year as in 1998 in which parts of the city of Waldo burned. With such a big rain deficit, low humidity, and gusty winds conditions will allow fire to easily spread.
"We've had for example a motor blade hit a rock, throw a spark and the next thing you know you have a 100 acre grass fire," said Florida Division of Forestry's Ludie Bond.
To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- Hurricane Season Brings Increased Rain and Dangerous Driving Conditions
- AAA Predicts Slight Increase in Florida Travel
- Wildfire Then, Wildfire Now?
- "Thigh Gap:" A Dangerous New Trend
- The Dangers of a Drug Named "Molly "
- Truck Bed Dangers
- Dangerous Habit of Smoking Alcohol Gains Popularity
- Wildfire Breaks Out
- Florida Wildfire Update
- Update On Lafayette County Wildfires