Heightened Security at Local School Board Meeting
Following recent high profile attacks on politicians, few government agencies in North Central Florida have tightened their security measures for meetings. The Marion County School Board is an exception. Starting Tuesday evening, everyone entering the school board meeting will be checked by hand held metal detectors. Most people welcomed the move but some did wonder where our society is headed.
"I think it's tragic that our world has turned to a place where people live in fear and we have to take so many security measures for just a few deranged, violent, or mentally ill people," said attendee Pam Cunningham.
To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- Controversy at Alachua County School Board Meeting
- Meeting Security
- School Board Policy Changes Bring Conflict Among Board Members
- University of Florida Board of Trustees Meet: Cutting Budget Top On Agenda
- Board Of Governors Meeting In Gainesville
- CHOICES Advisory Board Holds Special Meeting
- UF Board of Trustees Meeting
- School Board Approves School Uniforms
- New Ocala School Board Member Proposes Corporal Punishment in Schools
- School Board Breaks Ground For New School in Williston