More Time for SE Club
Last week parents were notified that the after-school program at the South East Boys & Girls club would end on February 1st.
"I've never seen a climate like this," said Keith Blanchard, Boys & Girls Club of Alachua County President, "grant funding going down 60-70 percent,
fundraisers down 70-80 percent... you can barely make payroll...you got to make harsh business decisions."
However at a community meeting Wednesday, the 40 kids that attend the SE club, were given a little more time.
"This is only the first step, this is only a lifeline," said Lee Pinkoson, an Alachua County Commissioner who wrote a personal check for $37,500 to keep the center running for another four months.
"The SE Boys & Girls club provides a very important function for our community, and if people don't come to their rescue, it's going to go away," said Pinkoson.
- Ocala Man has more time to get a Heart Transplant
- Pregnant Woman Stabbed More Than 30 Times
- Swingers Club Busted in Marion County
- Fire at Paddock Club Apartments
- Club Owner Shot
- Cutting the Club
- Gainesville Woman's Club Coat Drive
- Boys and Girls Club Wins Award
- School Faces Lawsuit After Rejecting "Gay- Straight" Club on Campus
- Gator Swim Club