Ocala Brawlers Arrested
The video was graphic. Twenty young women in the parking lot of a RaceTrace gas station in Ocala in an all-out brawl.
Almost a month after the Ocala gas station brawl video surfaced, Police identified nine women involved in the fight. Monday the department announced they arrested seven of them.
Ocala Police detectives identified the brawlers using online comments made on the same websites that made them famous.
"One or two of the comments were actually a lady's full name, her age, where she lived," Detective Mike Hilton told TV20. "Some of the comments were actually pretty detailed."
As of Monday afternoon, two women had yet to turn themselves in. Their names are Ashley Federkyia Douglas and Artisha Shante Grant.
Police say the women had come from the Zanzabar night club, located in the same plaza as Police Headquarters, before heading to the RaceTrack.
After speaking with the brawlers, Detective Hilton said there is no clear reason as to why the fight started. "I think the common factors here are youthfulness, alcohol and peer pressure," he said.
The women are charged with Affray and Disorderly Conduct, both misdemeanors.
- Bus Brawlers Plea No Contest
- Update: Gas Station Brawlers
- Arrest Made at Ocala Nightclub
- Registered Sex Offender in Ocala Arrested Again
- Ocala Man Arrested in Child Porn Case
- Ocala Man Arrested For Obscene Communication With Minor
- Another Arrest Made in Robbery of Ocala Convenience Store
- Arrest Warrant for Ocala Woman Charged with Second Degree Murder
- 2 Men Arrested and Charged With Murder in Ocala
- Ocala DUI Arrests At Record High