Orange Lake Wildfire
The wildfire that overcame Orange Lake Sunday afternoon is said to be contained but not controlled. Division of Forestry workers are monitoring the 305 acre fire that crept close to homes. With high winds and dry temperatures expected for tonight, this fire is not the only blaze expected to light up.
Orange Lake's fire is one of six in Alachua County being monitored by Forestry crews. Even though we had some rain this week, officials say it's not enough. Burn lines around the burned area have contained the fire, but it's not over. Ludie Bond of Division of Forestry says that people still shouldn't burn because of the dry conditions. Some easy tips for keeping your home safer from fires, are cleaning the pine needles off your roof and gutters. This will keep embers from catching and igniting. Bond says that wildfire season is March, April, and May.
- Update: Wildfire Near Orange Springs Under Control
- Orange Lake Makes a Comeback But More Problems Surface
- Tussocks continue to cause problems at Orange Lake
- Wildfire Then, Wildfire Now?
- Gators Take the Field: Orange and Blue Debut
- Paint The Town Orange For Bullying
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County
- Orange Heights Man Attacked by Bull
- Operation Orange Crush
- Florida Orange Harvest Looking Dark With Citrus Greening