Sex Offender Roundup
Ready-or-not, here they come. That's the game played between detectives and sex offenders who are in violation of registry requirements. Sex offenders are required to check-in with law enforcement when there address changes and those who don't lose the game.
There are currently 382 sex offenders in Alachua County and today detectives broke into groups to pick up nine, who failed to register their locations. Many of them are repeat offenders and detectives say to them, its like a game.
Detective Brandon Kutner leads the sex offender program and says most of the people he's after today, he's dealt with many times before. It's the repeat offenders Kutner is worried about because he says they have no regard for their actions. All but three of the nine offenders were brought into custody today. Detective Kutner says their work is done for now, the judge will decide their fate from here.
- Convicted Sex Offender Asks to be Castrated
- Florida Sex Offenders Using Social Media
- Registered Sex Offender in Ocala Arrested Again
- Sex Offender Sweep
- DNA Tests Lead to 1983 Sex Offender
- Operation S.P.O.C III- Sex Offender/Predator Sweep
- Sex Offender Arrested on New Rape Charges
- No Tricks with Sex Offenders
- Occupy Protester Was Sex Offender Fugitive
- Operation "Night Light" Nabs Three Local Sex Offenders