There are multiple victims in a shooting in the town of Bell. We have confirmed there are deaths.
About 7 Nights and 700 Pages Later
The first reviews are out and it's not exactly two thumbs up for the federal government's plan to clean up a Superfund site in northwest Gainesville. About 7 nights and 700 pages after the final plan was released, local officials said the EPA's plan could have been stronger. The plan won't haul the soil off site but house it there. However, leaders are pleased with plans to combat water contamination and to remove up to two feet of soil from neighboring properties.
"That's fairly straightforward I mean it doesn't require fancy engineering plans to do that kinda of work so we're hoping the neighborhood cleanup can really get going quick," said Chris Bird with Alachua County's Department of Environmental Protection.
To see more on this report including what issue remains unaddressed, watch the video to your right.
- Police: Woman Steals $700 Of Merchandise For Mother's Day Gifts
- Facebook Page For 12 Year- Old Crash Victim
- Honoring Private First Class James Anthony Page
- 1,700 Florida Schools Net $135M For Performance
- Family of Slain Teenager Paints 34th Street Wall, Seeks Justice Four Years Later
- Remembering Curtis and Dante One Year Later
- Deputies: Suspect Buys Cigarettes, Returns Later To Rob Gas Station
- Man Found Guilty of Murder Five Years Later
- GPD Remembers Fallen Lieutenant Seven Years Later
- Search for Omar Gibson Continues One Year Later