Bottled Water Battle gets Capped
Among cheers and sneers Marion County Commissioners voted down a much debated proposal for a water bottling facility that could have brought the county several jobs.
Ocala National Forest residents packed county chambers during Tuesday's meeting. They held up flyers and were quite vocal- even reprimanded by commissioners throughout the meeting for interrupting supporters.
Lawrence and Anna Moody wanted to build a 28,000 square foot factory deep inside their own property located near Salt Springs in the Ocala National Forest. They intended the facility be used to bottle water rising from an artesian spring also located on their property.
The factory would have created 60 jobs, but opponents said that the move would have disrupted their quality of life.
- Moody Bottled Water gets Green Light
- Bottled Water or Tap Water- You decide.
- Crossing Guards, School Deputies Get Wrapped Up into a Budget Battle
- Bottled Up
- Fight With a Beer Bottle Puts One Man Behind Bars and Another in Critical Condition
- Technology Spotlight 11/23/10 "Lumi-Water Bottle"
- Consumer Bureau Proposes Weakening Card Fee Cap
- Healthcare Battle Continues
- Developer, city officials battle over Heritage Oaks
- Battle of Hogtown