Construction at North Magnolia
Downtown Ocala may get a face lift after city leaders approved a series of plans for new buildings.
Across the street, an area that used to be a vibrant business district has fallen into disrepair. But a new project is set on being the spark to help revitalize the North Magnolia Business District.
Construction is underway at the Manning Building. Built in 1912, it will soon be available for new retail and other commercial tenants.
"We've had various people talk to us about putting various things in there from a car museum at one point to a hair salon," MS&S Developer Ted Schatt told TV20.
The Ocala/Marion County Visitors and Convention Bureau office recently moved into a newly refaced building, also on the north side of Silver Springs Blvd. Director, Ann Sternal said her department's goal is to attract visitors to the area, benefiting the economy. She believes a spruced up North Magnolia Business District will help.
"We're part of that development and that's just great," Sternal said. "We'll be right in the middle of it."
- October Jobs Report Leave Construction Workers Wanting More
- Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
- Stadium Club Construction
- CONSTRUCTION WORKER FALLS
- Residents Say They're Getting Flat Tires From Construction Site
- University of Florida Construction
- Construction Nearing Completion at New Shands Cancer Hospital
- Road Construction Between 8th & Depot Starts Today
- Main Street Construction Begins Tuesday
- Three Arrested for Trying to Burglarize Home Under Construction