Deputies Secure Sexual Predator's Backyard as Crews Dig
Mystery remained in the city of Hawthorne as of Wednesday evening. Sheriff's deputies stood watch over a sexual predator's house just a day before his birthday. For the second night in row, deputies are at the house of 73-year old Robert Philip Jerome. They're making sure the man's backyard remains untouched until crews can return tomorrow to sift through it. One neighbor said he went asking questions when crews arrived.
"Of course, no detectives would tell me anything. The homeowner told me they wanted to dig up his backyard...he led me to believe they are looking for a body," said neighbor Charles Pardee.
To see more on this report, watch the video on the right side of the page.
- Deputies catch sexual predator wanted in connection with abduction, murder
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Marks Sexual Predator Residences
- New Grant Funds ASO's Child Sexual Predator Task Force
- Keeping up with Sexual Offenders and Predators
- Red Signs Will Identify Sexual Predators In Bradford County
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Sweep for Sexual Offenders
- Deputies: Suspect Who Robbed Gainesville Walgreens Found Dead In His Backyard
- Digging Deep for City's Fresh Water Supply
- Sex Offenders and Predators Get Special Driver's License Status
- Senate Bill Aims At Longer Sentencing For Sexual Predators