Fire at Local Warehouse
An outdoor fire at a wood pallet warehouse in Ocala cost two business owners thousands of dollars.
According to Battalion Chief, Brian Stoothoff, multiple calls were made to 911 around one O'clock Tuesday. More than 20 firefighters responded and were able to put out the blaze.
An employee at Ocala Pallets told Fire Rescue he was intentionally burning debris in a dumpster. Authorities said that 9 mile-an-hour winds carried burning ambers about 20 feet from the dumpster towards Bullditt, a neighboring business. The fire engulfed two of Bullditt's utility trucks. The trucks were valued at a combined $50 thousand dollars.
Stoothoff said one civilian was treated for minor burns, and one firefighter was taken to the hospital after he twisted his ankle.
- Early Morning Fire Destroys Gainesville Warehouse
- Fire Destroys Furniture Warehouse
- Jacksonville Warehouse Catches Fire, Set For Demolition
- Two Firefighters Injured in Columbus Warehouse Blaze
- Two Men Found Dead Outside Jacksonville Warehouse
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Responds to Two Fires at Same Location
- Fire Marshals Call for Changes in Fire Reporting System
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment
- Car Fire Leads to House Fire