Initial Report, Crime Down in Gainesville
Initial numbers are out that indicate crime is down in the city of Gainesville. Police chief Tony Jones revealed the numbers Tuesday night to to a group of neighborhood leaders that he credited for part of the success. Jones said overall crime dropped more than 16 percent in 2010 compared to the year before.
"I think that we have made some significant gains. I think that we still have a way to go...trust is something you never take for granted and is something you work on a daily basis," said Jones.
For a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- East Gainesville Initiative Will Host One- week Camp for East Gainesville Residents
- Is Your Car Easy Prey For Crime? GPD Car Report Cards Can Tell You
- Online Crime Reporting
- FBI Crime Report Shows Decrease Throughout Region
- Two arrests made in Gainesville carjacking, charges dropped for initial suspects
- Juvenile Crime Down in Alachua County
- Ocala cracks down on crime at apartment complex
- Crime Rates Down In North Central Florida
- Get an Inside Look at Gainesville's C.A. Pound Crime Lab
- Gainesville Crime Task Force