Jamaican Scammers Target Gainesville
National scammers made an elderly Gainesville man their target. Police say he was the victim of a nationwide ring of Jamaican scams involving contest winners having to pay taxes on their money earnings. According to police, the victim had been sending money orders to a man claiming to be an FBI agent. He'd already sent seventeen thousand dollars and was about to cash in on his life insurance when his agent sensed something wasn't right.
The victim's insurance agent, Tish Oleksky, knew something didn't seem right. Oleksky contacted the police who intercepted the exchange.
The victim's family in this case had no idea this was going on. Police say you should keep a close eye on elderly family members and their finances.
- Scammers Target Utility Customers In A New Way
- Marion County Scammers Caught
- Recruiting Homeless Scammers
- Door-to-Door Scammers Return, GPD Urges Caution
- Apartment Scammer Behind Bars
- Driveway Repair Scammers in Marion County
- Scammer in Ocala Acting as Driveway Repair Man
- Magazine Scammers Caught Trying to Steal Pills from Disabled Woman
- Tow Truck Scammers
- End of the Line for Mobile Home Scammer