Kalisz Pleads Guilty in Shooting Death of Chad Reed
There will be no trial in the case of the man who killed Dixie County Sheriff’s Captain Chad Reed in January 2010.
John Kalisz pled guilty in court Thursday, and by doing so will avoid the death penalty in this case. Kalisz is still scheduled for trial in Hernando County for shootings that killed 2 and injured 2 others.
At approximately 1:30pm today, Kalisz was led into the courtroom in handcuffs and shackles. The defense attorney read a long list of questions asking if he understood that he was giving up his right to a trial, and then read a statement from Kalisz to captain Chad Reed’s widow, Holly.
TV20 will have more on this, including reaction from Holly Reed, tonight at 5:30p, 6:00p, and 11:00pm.
- John Kalisz Will Stand Trial For The Murder Of Captain Chad Reed
- John Kalisz Hearing For The Murder of Dixie County Capt. Chad Reed
- Dixie County Honors Fallen Captain Chad Reed
- Dixie County Hosts 5K Run To Remember Captain Chad Reed
- Capt. Chad Reed Funeral and Visitation Information
- Kentucky Woman Pleads Guilty in Pregnant Woman's Death
- Local Man Pleads Guilty to Dino Smuggling
- Florida GOP Congressman Pleads Guilty to Cocaine Charge
- Fout Pleads "Not Guilty"
- Ex Football Coach Pleads Not Guilty