Levy County EMS Budget Cuts?
People in Levy County are worried that it's "Deja Vu" all over again. Levy County lost an ambulance to budget cuts two years ago, and many believe the signs are pointing to another cut. County commissioners say they never said anything about it. Levy County had to cut one of their ambulances in 2009 leaving them at six. Two in Bronson, and one, in Cedar Key, Williston, Chiefland, and Inglis. When the county proposed discussing ways to trim EMS's budget at a workshop today, many residents were outraged.
Director of EMS, Trish Seibold, is one of many, fighting to keep Levy County EMS where it stands. Seidbold says "I don't understand how they think they can make things better without more money." Word traveled fast through Levy County when commissioners planned to discuss the current and future issues of EMS at today's workshop.
A facebook page titled "Save Levy County Ambulances," that was launched Saturday, has already been "liked" by 171 people.
Commissioner Chad Johnson says the board never spoke of making those cuts. Johnson says,"is there anything that we can look at and improve some efficiencies continue to provide the same level of service for the county and the residents but are we doing it the best financially?"
Today's workshop was run mostly by public comment, no voting was made on anything. Commissioner Johnson says they intend on meeting with other departments as well to discuss budgets from now until September when budgets are due.
- Another Round of Budget Cuts and Declining Enrollment Possible in Levy County
- Levy County Cutting Back Wildfire Risks
- County Commission Votes in Favor of Budget Cuts to Community Agency Partnership Program
- Budget Cuts Impact Hours, Staff at County Health Department
- Alachua County Commissioners Cut $470,000 from Proposed ASO Budget
- Alachua County School Budget Cut Outrage
- Alachua County Commissioners Figure Out Budget Cut Process
- Putnam County students unite after budget cuts
- Budget Cuts to Universities Part II
- Budget Cuts to Schools Part I