Main Street Construction Update
Starting Friday morning the intersection at 2nd Avenue South and Main Street will re-open as construction crews move north to complete reconstruction that began September of 2009.
Then, the intersection at 1st Avenue South and Main Street will close.
Florida's Department of Transportation, who is overseeing the project, says they have taken steps to help local shops and eateries prepare but some of the process will have to be learn as you go for drivers in the area.
The intersection will be blocked off up to University Avenue and will be closed for the next six weeks, barring any weather delays.
From there the intersection of University Avenue and Main street will be worked on.
When that happens, closures will only take place on the weekends to help minimize the inconvenience to drivers.
For more information on detours and closures visit FDOT.
- Main Street Construction Update
- Depot Avenue/Main Street Construction Updates
- Main Street Construction Begins Tuesday
- Main Street Businesses Suffering During Construction
- RTS Announces Delays and Bus Stop Closures on Main Street and Depot Avenue
- Gas Leak Temporarily Closes Portions Of Main Street
- Main Street Closures Continue
- Main Street Ribbon Cutting
- Update on 34th Street Shooting
- Halloween on Main St. in Alachua