Manatees Released Back Into The Water
Its a case of slow motion "catch and release" fishing. A mother manatee and her calf were rescued last week in Three Sister's Spring near Crystal River and today they were released back to the water. The mother got its fin tangled in fishing line and when US Fish and Wildlife Service workers found her last Wednesday the manatee was about to lose her fin. They realized she needed surgery to get the fishing line completely removed. Both mother and the three month old calf were taken to Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa and within a week both were healthy enough to be released back to their winter home.
- Manatee Released Back into Wild
- Marion Commissioners Push Back Water Issue
- Escaped Work Release Inmate Back In Custody
- Bell Springs Manatee Rescue
- Watchdog Group Aims To Ban Swimming With Manatees In Florida
- Cold Weather Impact On Manatees
- Record Number of Manatee Deaths
- Water Released From Isaac-stressed Dam
- Bottled Water or Tap Water- You decide.
- Authorities Search for Manatee Rider