Ocala Home Hit by Home-Made Acid Bomb
Sunday evening, the residents of a home off Oak Circle in Ocala came outside after hearing a loud bang. They saw smoke coming from a melted 20 ounce Coca-Cola bottle and a plastic Tropicana fruit-punch bottle. The bottles were feet from where the family usually sits on their front porch, hurled by someone driving by.
Marion County's Hazardous Materials Team, HAZMAT, arrived to neutralize the acid bombs, which could have caused serious harm.
"Any type of acids or chemicals that get on your body can cause corrosive burns to your eyes, respiratory injuries, and skin injuries," HAZMAT Commander, Joe Amigliore told TV20.
Authorities believe the explosives used were made of house hold items- drain cleaner mixed with aluminum foil.
The Marion County Sheriff's Department is urging anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers at (325)368-7867.
- GPD: Homemade Bomb Found Inside Shoplifting Suspect's Home
- Home improvement expo hits Ocala
- Arrest Made in Bomb Threat at Gainesville High School
- Arrest Made in Archer Hit-And-Run Death
- Arrest Made at Ocala Nightclub
- Another Arrest Made in Robbery of Ocala Convenience Store
- Arrest made in Ocala shooting
- Three Arrests Made for Citra Mobile Home Fires
- Arrest made in Gainesville home burglaries
- Alachua County is Home to the Oldest Active Bomb Squad Technician in the Country