Relieved of Duty Accused of Lying
One Gainesville police officer was told to turn over his badge Friday after being fired. The cop is accused of lying about a traffic crash. In a 2009 interview with TV20, James Yakubsin said he was loving his time at GPD. Less than a year later, he was on paid administrative leave prompted by a citizen complaint. Department spokesperson Tscharna Senn said the agency takes such dishonesty very seriously.
"We have to have that in our corner because a lot of times all we have is what we saw and what they did and so if we don't have credibility on the stand or with the citizens... it's bad," said Tscharna Senn with the Gainesville Police Department.
- GPD Officer Accused Of Sexual Harassment, Watching Porn While On Duty
- Meadowbrook Opening Soon, District Hopes It Will Relieve Overcrowding
- Residents Relieved After Suspected Rapist Arrested
- Man Lying on Train Tracks Hit by Train in Marion County
- Caseworkers Lie on Reports, Lose Foster Kids
- ASO: Woman Lied About Being Shot In Neck By Stranger
- Mourning the Loss of Officer Killed in the Line of Duty
- Doing His Duty
- Two Crossing Guards Die in a Car Crash While Off Duty
- Trayvon Martin Parents Relieved Over Arrest