School Bus Driver Grabs Student by the Neck
A Levy County school bus driver is suspended after police say she grabbed a ten year old by his neck and dragged him off the bus. Williston police are investigating what they say were the unusual actions of a school bus driver trying to break up a fight between elementary school kids on a bus January 14th.
According to police a fight broke out on the back of the bus at 7:30am in front of Williston Elementary as students were being dropped off. When the driver went back to break it up, she was elbowed by another student. Soon after, police say, she grabbed the ten year old boy by the neck and dragged him off the bus.
Investigators say the boy had been in trouble on the bus before, but that this was the first time in twenty years the driver had done anything questionable. The driver has been suspended with pay until the investigation is complete. The boy is back in school.
- Private School Bus Company Meets with Bus Drivers
- Report: 15-Year-Old Race Car Driver Broke Neck, Suffered Severe Head Trauma
- School Officials: Bus Driver Broke the Rules
- School Bus Beatdown, Levy County Driver Fired
- Alachua County School Bus Drivers Get Small Pay
- Driver hurt, kids OK in Lake City school bus crash
- Driver killed after rear-ending school bus
- 12 Students Hurt in Putnam County School Bus Crash
- School Bus Kills Student
- Half of Alachua County Public School Students Expected to Ride Bus When Classes Start