Silver Springs- County's Vision.
While Silver Spring's leasing company, Palace Entertainment held a private meeting Wednesday, we found out what Marion County had in mind for Silver Springs Park.
Marion County Parks and Recreation Director, Gina Peebles said the park's rides, like the lighthouse and carousel would be eliminated. The animals are going to be removed whether the County takes the park over or not. The glass-bottom boats would stay.
New attractions would be added, like zip-lines, hiking trails, kayaking, canoeing, swimming areas, a lodge, and new shops and eateries. But the list didn't stop there. The county is open to ideas.
Marion County Commission Chairperson, Stan McClain said he intends these attractions be run by local businesses, thus creating local jobs.
Peebles said the County already has a list of businesses eager to be a part, that is if Palace Entertainment says the County still has a shot.
- Silver Springs- WCJB Exclusive
- MCSO: Woman's body identified; death investigation continues in Silver Springs
- Local organization hopes to protect Silver Springs
- Woman dies in Silver Springs Shores house fire
- Huge Addition To Alachua County's Public Lands, Levy Prairie
- Man Hit by Car on Silver Springs Blvd
- Silver Springs to get Spruced Up
- Future of Silver Springs
- Body found in Silver Springs
- 33-year-old man shot and killed in Silver Springs home