Student Housing Over-Saturation Highest In Nation
If you're a student looking for housing we have good news but if you are a landlord things aren't looking too bright right now. The reason according to a panel of experts from the National Apartment Association is that Gainesville is the most over-saturated student housing market in the nation. Property owners are working hard to attract students with cheaper rent and extra things like free cable or utilities for several months. Andrew Hogshead whose business owns 23 properties in Gainesville says the over-supply came when developers increased student housing by 20% from 2007 to 2008. He believes things will get better for landlords in about five years.
- House Democrats stage protest in dispute over guns
- Student Newspaper Apologizes Over Trayvon Martin Cartoon
- Alachua County has the Fourth Highest STD Rates in the State
- Highest Honors For An American Hero
- Senior earns highest Cambridge score in the world
- Alachua County second highest in state for animal rabies cases
- Housing for Homeless Vets: Is the Debate Over?
- 'Tiny House Nation' filming in Gainesville
- UF Graduate Students Stage Rally Over Rising Fees
- New Teachers Become Students Before Taking Over The Classroom