Three Murdered In Columbia County
Three people were found dead in a Lake City home Thursday morning, and a Columbia County man has been arrested and charged with murder.
The names of the victims were just released about an hour ago.
Late Thursday morning, Columbia County Sheriffs Deputies removed the bodies of 25-year-old Nichole Cervantes, 27-year-old Monica Hudson, and 32-year-old Michael Tucker, from a Lake City home off SE Bay-a Drive.
The three victims, according to Sheriff Mark Hunter, were shot to death inside the house late last night.
The suspect, 25-year-old Allen Stratten, lived in the home with his parents, who, Hunter says, were out of town last night.
According to Hunter, after the shootings, Stratten left the house, and called police from somewhere in town, saying there would be a crime scene at his home. He was picked up by deputies around midnight, who he then led to his home.
The investigation is still ongoing, as deputies try to figure out a motive.
According to deputies, one of the victims, 27-year-old Monica Hudson, was Stratten's girlfriend.
Now Sheriff Hunter wouldn't saye if Stratten confessed to the murders just yet, but he is being held at the Columbia County Jail without bail, and is being charged with three counts of first degree murder.
Stratten's parents, who, according to deputies, have lived in this home for years, were notified, and are waiting for the crime scene to be cleaned up, before returning back.
Stratten will make first appearance Friday morning.
- Three Arrested In Columbia County Meth Lab Bust
- UTV Accident in Columbia County Involving Three Young Girls
- Columbia County Murder Investigation
- Happ Executed Nearly Three Decades After Murder of Angela Crowley
- Three Ocala Teams Fall as Columbia County Beats Vanguard 22-21, North Marion on the Road, and Lake Weir at Home
- Columbia County Inmates Shot by Gunman
- Homeless Rates Up in Alachua, Columbia County
- Deputies bust suspected human trafficking ring in Columbia County
- Drug Bust in Columbia County
- Investigation Catches Drug Dealer in Columbia County