Truck Hydroplaned into Van of Prisoners
A teenager is thankful to be alive this morning after his truck hydroplaned, sending him into busy oncoming traffic. The crash happened along the 5500 block of US Hwy 441 around Monday afternoon. The truck collided with a van carrying six state prisoners. Extra officers were called to the scene. No one escaped and police blamed standing water for the accident.
"If you hit any of this standing water out here and lose traction with the road, you have no more control of your vehicle. You're going to go wherever the road takes you in this case the vehicle ended up going across the ditch and onto ongoing traffic," said officer Kelly Weaver with the Gainesville Police Department.
To see more on this accident and how the weather caused other problems across the area, watch the video to your right.
- Man Dies After Car Hydroplanes, Crashes Into Trees
- "Touch-A-Truck" Entertains Children and Families, Draws Assortment of Trucks
- Pick-Up Truck vs. Dump Truck
- 3 Dead After Church Van Crashes on I-10
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- Van Poyck Execution Remains Scheduled
- New Response Van
- UF Attacks, S.N.A.P. Transportation Doubling Number of Vans
- Church Van Crash Kills Two
- CSX Train Collides with Fedex Van in Hawthorne