Truck Hydroplaned into Van of Prisoners
A teenager is thankful to be alive this morning after his truck hydroplaned, sending him into busy oncoming traffic. The crash happened along the 5500 block of US Hwy 441 around Monday afternoon. The truck collided with a van carrying six state prisoners. Extra officers were called to the scene. No one escaped and police blamed standing water for the accident.
"If you hit any of this standing water out here and lose traction with the road, you have no more control of your vehicle. You're going to go wherever the road takes you in this case the vehicle ended up going across the ditch and onto ongoing traffic," said officer Kelly Weaver with the Gainesville Police Department.
To see more on this accident and how the weather caused other problems across the area, watch the video to your right.
- Man Dies After Car Hydroplanes, Crashes Into Trees
- New Response Van
- Human Remains Found in a Van in Gilchrist County
- 11 yr old Girl Escapes Being Lured Into a Man's Van
- Help Elizabeth Nesbitt Win a New Van
- Prison Privatization Vote
- Fire Near State Prison
- Two Men and A Truck Helps Moms of Domestic Abuse and Homelessness
- DOC Proposing To Build New Prison
- New Prison Location