Truck Hydroplaned into Van of Prisoners
A teenager is thankful to be alive this morning after his truck hydroplaned, sending him into busy oncoming traffic. The crash happened along the 5500 block of US Hwy 441 around Monday afternoon. The truck collided with a van carrying six state prisoners. Extra officers were called to the scene. No one escaped and police blamed standing water for the accident.
"If you hit any of this standing water out here and lose traction with the road, you have no more control of your vehicle. You're going to go wherever the road takes you in this case the vehicle ended up going across the ditch and onto ongoing traffic," said officer Kelly Weaver with the Gainesville Police Department.
To see more on this accident and how the weather caused other problems across the area, watch the video to your right.
- Man Dies After Car Hydroplanes, Crashes Into Trees
- Pick-Up Truck vs. Dump Truck
- New Response Van
- Van Poyck Execution Remains Scheduled
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- 3 Dead After Church Van Crashes on I-10
- Human Remains Found in a Van in Gilchrist County
- 11 yr old Girl Escapes Being Lured Into a Man's Van
- Help Elizabeth Nesbitt Win a New Van
- CSX Train Collides with Fedex Van in Hawthorne