Will Innovation Square Spark Redevelopment?
City leaders hope plans to build a dynamic new home to house Gainesville's growing innovation community will result in a spillover effect. While innovation hub takes shape, they are assessing what may happen to it's west. Initial findings indicate there is tremendous amount of potential for redevelopment.
"To a certain degree it's up to the individual groups, entities, businesses that do the development but what is being projected is for 6 to 8 story vertical buildings... primarily a lot of office space," said engineer Jay Brown who was hired by the city to perform an analysis.
To see more on this report, watch the video to the right side of this page.
- "Start-up Dorm" Planned for Innovation Square
- Innovation Square Starting To Take Shape
- Innovation Square Wins Award
- Technology Spotlight 6/21/11 "Innovation Square Moves Ahead"
- Waldo Road Redevelopment Meeting
- Waldo Road Redevelopment
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- NYPD Bomb Squad Gives All-Clear In Times Square
- Farmer's Market at Downtown Square
- Kevorkian Sparks Debate