Buffalo Carcass left to Rot, Others Starving
Neighbors are disgusted as a dead buffalo's carcass can be seen from the side of the road.
Marion County Animal Services investigated after a local couple alerted them of the dead animal and the poor condition of several other buffalo and horses on the property.
After not being able to contact the owner, Animal Services placed notices on the property gates, located off US Hwy 27 in Ocala.
According to County Records, ownership of the property is listed in the name of Father Anfral Jostdan Trust out of Wilmington, DE. But, a long list of other company names links the property to troubled businesswoman and former operator of Kids Zone, Christina Perera.
Animal Services expects the warrant to seize the animals will be completed Tuesday and are currently gathering the adequate transportation to remove the remaining animals Wednesday.
In the meantime, Animal Services did provide more food and water for 6 horses, two adult buffalo and two calves. Animals Services also confirmed the bones of two other calves' were also found on the property.
- Buffalo, Horses Rescued
- 2 Starving Horses Found Boarded Up in Stall
- Starved Horses and Ponies Moved
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Rehabilitate Two Starved Horses
- Starving Economy Hurts Large and Small Restaurants
- Starving Horses in Ocala
- Starving Horses Update
- Starving Horses Recovering
- Equine Rescue Wants Justice for Starved Horses
- Humpback Whale Carcass Washes Ashore