Chinese Developers Take a Field Trip to Alachua County
They flew from China to see how things are done in Alachua County. A group from the Hunan Province visited Gainesville today, meeting commissioners and touring county offices.
Their goal was to learn about the integration of natural resource protection and growth management.
Director of Growth Management Steven Lachnicht said, "We are quite honored by their visit, it's quite a surprise to us. They are a very high level of planning directors from the Hunan Province in China."
The Hunan Province is just bigger than the state of Florida, but has three times the population, at around 64 million people. The area is considered a high development zone.
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- Federal Dollars Pay for a "Green" Field Trip
- Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy
- Environmentally Conscious Development Takes Root
- Students, Parents Take Part In Family Field Day
- First Female QB in Florida Takes Field
- Trip to Grocery Store Ends in Jail Time for Bradford County Family
- Meet the Field to Become the Next Gilchrist County Sheriff
- Oak Hall Welcomes Chinese School Officials
- Local Children Learn Life Lessons Through Chinese Culture Classes