Ex-Con Arrested after Online Exchange with a 13-year Girl
The game is over for a man from several states north of Florida who deputies said lured a 13-year Gainesville girl into an inappropriate and illegal online exchange. According to the warrant affidavit, 20-year old David Loftus of Ohio met the teenager on an online role playing game. Detectives said Loftus gave the girl the password to online accounts full of naked photos of himself. Deputies said it is a scary reminder of how easy it is for teenagers to connect with strangers online.
"We realize teenagers, young people have cell phones which makes them very mobile. Parents need to take a look at those cell phones. They are still living under your roof and by your rules so check out their cell phones, check out their emails, check out what they are doing online," said Art Forgey with the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
To see a full report including details of Loftus' criminal history, watch the video to your right.
- Why Was Ex-Con Back On The Streets?
- UF Law students go door-to-door to help Ex-Cons
- Bradley Manning Trial Begins 3 years After Arrest
- Bumpy start for Florida health insurance exchange
- Bullied 12-year-old Girl Commits Suicide
- Man Arrested for Prostituting 14-year-old Girl
- Ocala officer fired after arrest for sex with underage girl
- 2 Arrests Made in Death of Bullied Florida Girl
- Obama and '72 Dolphins, a Salute After 40 years
- 18-Year-Old Suspect is Tased, Arrested After Attacking Police