Gas Thieves caught Red-handed
With prices climbing to all-time highs, fuel is like liquid gold.
But now three men in Ocala face a list of charges after being caught stealing diesel fuel.
Tuesday at 4:30 a.m., three tractor-trailer drivers were seen using a scanning device to bypass the meter at the pump at the Pilot Gas Station off SW 135th street. The device didn't bypass the gas station's alarm. The station's manager alerted authorities. When Marion County Sheriff's Deputies arrived, the thieves were still at the pump.
Fransisco Rodriquez, Odel Ferre and Yamil Alonso were taken to the Marion County Jail and charged with Grand Theft, Organized Fraud, Use of a Scanning Device and Felony Criminal Mischief.
Deputies believe Ferre and Alonso are also responsible for stealing 1,700 gallons of fuel from the same gas station Sunday.
All three suspects posted bond and have been released.
- Thieves Caught on Camera
- Thieves Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Red Cross lends a hand in Putnam County
- Gas Thieves Arrested
- Caught On Camera... Red Light Safety In Palatka
- Thieves behind bars after burglarizing hotel parking lot vehicles
- Authorities In Marion County Looking For Thieves Who Stole Car And Credit Cards
- Law Hopes To Deter Copper Thieves
- Thieves Busted After Pawning Stolen Goods
- Thieves Targeting Ford Trucks In Marion County