Gas Thieves caught Red-handed
With prices climbing to all-time highs, fuel is like liquid gold.
But now three men in Ocala face a list of charges after being caught stealing diesel fuel.
Tuesday at 4:30 a.m., three tractor-trailer drivers were seen using a scanning device to bypass the meter at the pump at the Pilot Gas Station off SW 135th street. The device didn't bypass the gas station's alarm. The station's manager alerted authorities. When Marion County Sheriff's Deputies arrived, the thieves were still at the pump.
Fransisco Rodriquez, Odel Ferre and Yamil Alonso were taken to the Marion County Jail and charged with Grand Theft, Organized Fraud, Use of a Scanning Device and Felony Criminal Mischief.
Deputies believe Ferre and Alonso are also responsible for stealing 1,700 gallons of fuel from the same gas station Sunday.
All three suspects posted bond and have been released.
- Thieves Caught on Camera
- Gas Thieves Arrested
- Caught On Camera... Red Light Safety In Palatka
- Identity Thieves Used Money to Buy Cars, Shop
- Thieves From A Crime Ring Busted Again
- For Sale Homes A Target For Copper Thieves
- Thieves Hit Up RV Business
- Thermostat Thieves
- Thieves Busted for Stealing Copper
- Trio of Thieves Use Stolen Credit Cards to Buy Electronics