Getting An Early Start On Their Careers
For a group of kids in Alachua County the day doesn't end in the schoolyard.
In addition to class, homework and chores members of Future Farmers of America and 4-H spend countless hours raising livestock and growing crop and after months of hard work, they are being put on display.
During the four day long event, students will be judged on everything from rabbits, poultry showmanship and even a rubber band car contest.
While this weekend the kids and their livestock will be on display, it's the things they are learning day in and out that will stay with them.
Most kids in 4-H and FAA don't end up back on the farm and some aren't even raised on farmland, but no matter what career path they end up with they'll be better prepared.
The Alachua County Youth Fair and Livestock Show opened today and runs until march 8th.
For more information visit Solutions For Your Life.
- Getting A Jump Start On A Career In Public Safety
- Students Get Head Start on Job Hunt at UF Career Showcase
- Kids Get Head Start On Career
- Local teen get's an early start in politics...
- Holiday Shoppers Get Early Start Thursday
- Early Vote '09 Starts Monday
- City of Gainesville's Early Voting Starts Monday
- Early Voting Starts Monday March 11th
- Scallop Season Starts Early
- Pre-Thanksgiving Shopping; Early Bird Gets the Deals