Grading Teachers, Merit Pay Moves Forward
Teachers are about to get graded if one state bill becomes law. The piece of legislation is swiftly moving through the capital. The "student success act" would transform how teachers are paid by tying much of their paycheck to student performance. While supporters said it will reward great teaching, many in the classroom said not so fast.
"That may be one of the most difficult things in the world to measure. I think everybody probably has a general idea of what makes a good teacher but the bottom line is there is no one good single way of measuring that," said Gainesville High School principal Wiley Dixon.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Teacher's Pay Raise Merit Based
- Teachers Fight Against Merit Pay
- Merit-Pay Moving to Governor
- Merit Pay Advancing
- Deputy Saves Life Of Shriner, Paying It Forward
- Texting While Driving Ban Moves Forward
- Charter Amendment Including Transgender Ordinance Moves Forward
- City, County Commissioners Ready to Move Forward after Joint Meeting
- Nuclear Plant for Levy Moves Forward
- Huge Development Plan Will Move Forward