Horses Perish in Barn Fire
Five horses perished in a barn fire early Tuesday morning.
When Marion County Fire Rescue arrived, two adjacent barns were aflame, one of them fully engulfed.
The owner of the Continental Paso Fino Farm, J.R. Morales, ran inside the second barn and rescued nine horses from the structure.
Neighbors rushed to help. Four Paso Finos and one Paint horse died. Marion County Fire Rescue was able to contain the blaze affecting the second barn and stop the flames from reaching Marales's home.
The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating the cause of the fire.
- Eleven Horses Killed in Williston Barn Fire
- Ocala Man Kills Self, Sets Home and Barn on Fire
- Barn Fire Accidental
- A Barn Fire Leaves Family Without a Home
- Horses Killed in Reddick Fire
- Alachua County Decides Whether to Rebuild Fairgrounds Barn After Collapse
- Alachua County Commissioners Discuss Pole Barn Replacement Options
- Marion County Barn House Goes Up in Flames
- Stable Fire Kills at Least 15 Horses
- From Horse Jockey to Horse Doctor