Making Strides For Military Families
An Iraq war veteran from Kentucky has put his best foot forward for military families throughout the country, and today he was making strides towards raising money for one local military wife.
Troy Yocum is in the processing of hiking a seven thousand mile hike to raise funds and awareness for military families in need.
Today he walked from the VFW post on Waldo Road to Gainesville's Bo Diddley Plaza in honor and support of fallen Staff Sergeant Bryan Berky.
Since Berky died in Afghanistan September of 2009 his wife Erin says each day has been an emotional journey.
So far Yocum has walked five thousand miles and raised 170 thousand dollars for military families on his journey.
For information on how you can help, visit Hike For Our Heroes.
- Military Family From Live Oak Reunited Overseas
- Family Spotlight 11/11/10 "Military Families"
- Family Spotlight 1/27/11 "Military Families"
- Military Support Group
- Military Police Company Will Be Deployed
- The Military Support Group of Alachua
- U.S. Military Prepares To Send More Personnel, Supplies To Haiti
- Soldiers Injured In Military Bus Crash
- Military Bus Crash injures 19 Guardsmen
- Military Gun Anniversary