Making Strides For Military Families
An Iraq war veteran from Kentucky has put his best foot forward for military families throughout the country, and today he was making strides towards raising money for one local military wife.
Troy Yocum is in the processing of hiking a seven thousand mile hike to raise funds and awareness for military families in need.
Today he walked from the VFW post on Waldo Road to Gainesville's Bo Diddley Plaza in honor and support of fallen Staff Sergeant Bryan Berky.
Since Berky died in Afghanistan September of 2009 his wife Erin says each day has been an emotional journey.
So far Yocum has walked five thousand miles and raised 170 thousand dollars for military families on his journey.
For information on how you can help, visit Hike For Our Heroes.
- Despite Reinstatement of Death Benefits, NCF Military Families Say Damage Has Been Done
- Military Family From Live Oak Reunited Overseas
- Operation Rebuild
- Massive Tree Falls on Home, Family Makes it out Alive
- City Waives Fees for Charter School
- Soldier Surprises Son in Time for Christmas
- Navy Dad Surprises Teen at High School Graduation
- Spending Father's Day Protecting Their Country
- A Community Helps Rebuild a Army Sergeant's Home
- 'Hot Rodding' For Heroes