Military Gun Anniversary
A lot has changed over the past hundred years for new recruits from North Central Florida heading into the military. However, one thing has remained the same despite a century of technological change. A firearm commonly used to military personnel, the Browning 1911 pistol.
The sidearm was first adopted by the US Army on this day exactly one hundred years ago. It's been used by the military ever since, particularly to great effect in the Pacific Theatre of World War Two.
Some units, including the special forces, still rely on the Browning 1911 even today.
- Military Support Group
- Military Police Company Will Be Deployed
- The Military Support Group of Alachua
- U.S. Military Prepares To Send More Personnel, Supplies To Haiti
- Soldiers Injured In Military Bus Crash
- Military Bus Crash injures 19 Guardsmen
- Making Strides For Military Families
- Military Officers Association of America
- Women in Military
- Military Cadets Win 1st in Nation