Military Gun Anniversary
A lot has changed over the past hundred years for new recruits from North Central Florida heading into the military. However, one thing has remained the same despite a century of technological change. A firearm commonly used to military personnel, the Browning 1911 pistol.
The sidearm was first adopted by the US Army on this day exactly one hundred years ago. It's been used by the military ever since, particularly to great effect in the Pacific Theatre of World War Two.
Some units, including the special forces, still rely on the Browning 1911 even today.
- 75th anniversary of first unit of African American World War II pilots
- Operation Rebuild
- Navy Dad Surprises Teen at High School Graduation
- City Waives Fees for Charter School
- Soldier Surprises Son in Time for Christmas
- Spending Father's Day Protecting Their Country
- Despite Reinstatement of Death Benefits, NCF Military Families Say Damage Has Been Done
- A Community Helps Rebuild a Army Sergeant's Home
- Local Troops Leave North Central Florida
- Ocala’s 351st Military Police Company Deploy To Afghanistan