Ocala Wife Accused of Murdering Husband
Roles reversed. A woman from Ocala made a living by making sure jail inmates didn't go anywhere. She is now behind bars for murder. 53-year Sylvia Puig sounded a bit shaken and shocked in the 911 recording where she told the operator she shot her husband. His death means in just 3 months Ocala passes the number of murders it saw all of last year.
"I can say for us to have 4 murders in really less than 3 months is huge for us. This is out of the ordinary," said Lt. Mike Balken with the Ocala Police Department.
This isn't the first suspected domestic killing in Ocala this year. In mid-February, 50-year old Kimberly Gustafson was arrested for shooting 57-year old Rodney Gilbert. For a full report, watch the video on the right side of the page.
- Ocala Man Accused of Fatally Shooting His Wife
- Husband Shoots Wife, Leaves Her For Dead
- Husband Threatens to Kill Wife with a Knife
- Husband Runs Over Wife
- Ocala Woman Behind Bars For Killing Her Husband
- Wife Watches as Stunt Pilot Husband's Plane Crashes
- House Fire Kills Husband And Wife
- Wife Ran Husband Over with Car
- Union County Man Murdered, Wife Forced to Watch
- Accused Murderer Pedro Bravo Appears Before a Full Courtroom