Old Town Teen Murdered
A Dixie County man is behind bars tonight for killing his 19-year-old ex-girlfriend. According to Taylor County Investigators, Jenny Jackson, of Old Town, met up with 23-year-old Torrey Pendarvis last night in Cross City.
Pendarvis first told his family there had been a hunting accident, but then told a different story once he was sitting in the back of a patrol car.
Deputies tell me Torrey Pendarvis and Jenny Jackson grew up in Cross City and both attended Dixie County high school. Investigators say they still don't know why Pendarvis killed Jackson but since Pendarvis is married to another woman, say this could be a case of domestic violence. Taylor County Investigators say Pendarvis and Jackson met at the Napa Auto Parts store in Cross City. They say they have no reason to believe she was taken by force...but her body was later found by deputies in Taylor County, where they say Pendarvis dumped her body on the side of the road. Pendarvis confessed to a family member around 2:00am today that he'd been in a hunting accident, but later divulged the truth to a deputy. Jenny Jackson died from multiple gun shot wounds.
For more information, watch the video
to the right.
- Flooding in Old Town
- Two Shootings Target Brothers In Old Town, One Dead
- 23-Year-Old Murdered at Ocala Apartment Complex
- Grisly Details in Teen Murder Trial
- Ocala Teen Charged as an Adult for Attempted Second Degree Murder
- Ocala Teens Slit Mother's Throat, Charged With Attempted Murder
- Teens Arrested for Attempted Murder
- Teen Convicted of Murder in Birthday Party Shooting
- Murdered Gainesville Teen's Case Not Cold
- Marion County Teens Accused of Murder In Court Today