Pedaling For Progress
The wheels are in motion to raise money and awareness for the preservation of wild spaces
And the cyclist putting the pedal to the metal for the environment has the support of a pretty big name in the Gator Nation.
John Davis has committed ten months of his life to biking and hiking over five thousand miles up the eastern coast of the U.S. and Canada.
He began the green-powered journey in February from Key Largo to benefit the Wildlands Network.
Today the cyclist stopped in Gainesville to visit with fellow adventurer and UF's head basketball coach Billy Donovan.
In addition to biking across the country, Davis helps botanist do field research along the way.
For more information on how you can help visit Wildlands Network.
- "Gear Up Florida" Pedals Through Gainesville
- Columbia County emergency officials check flood progress
- Burglary Caught In Progress
- Progress Energy to raise rates
- Progress Energy Customers Voice Concerns Over Rate Hike
- Progress Energy Rate Case Begins
- VA Pulls Funding for Homeless Veteran Facility, Cites "Minimal Progress"
- UF Makes "Progress" with Renewable Energy on Campus
- Contract with Progress Energy forces cchools to open in the Dark
- Grace Marketplace Officials Update City Leaders on Progress