Police Search After Suspicious Call
The search is over, and it turned up nothing.
According to Gainesville police, two separate calls came in around 7:45 Tuesday night; calls that were suspicious enough for a helicopter, and K-9 units to be called out to search the area around southwest 42nd street and 24th avenue immediately.
"He was walking, he was on foot, and the caller feel that he might have gone into the woods," said Sgt. Chuck Reddick.
Other police sources tell TV20, the callers saw a large man carrying what appeared to be a rolled up rug, possibly with feet sticking out on one end.
Police were unable to locate anything that would raise suspicion of any criminal activity involved, and ended the search around 3:00 PM Wednesday.
Detective Ray Barber says over the next couple days, police will carefully monitor any missing person or runaway reports.
If you've seen anything around the area police are asking you call them at: 955-1818
- High Springs police officers searching for suspicious van
- Detectives Call Ft. McCoy Human Remains Discovery a "Suspicious" Death Investgation
- Suspicious Phone Calls to Residents are a Scam
- Sinkhole Swallows Florida Man: Crews Call Off Search
- Woman Found Dead Inside Southwest Ocala Home in what Police are Calling a Homicide
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
- Officials Call for Better Police/Minority Relations
- Palatka police to record all calls for service
- UF Police: Student Arrested After Using Police Scanner to Keep Police out of Party
- Police Search for Suspect in Spring Manor Apartments Murder