Tragic Irony, Cyclist Killed While Riding for Bicycle Awareness
More details have emerged as to what may have caused a fatal bicycle accident. The accident occurred Wednesday during a safety awareness ride in Alachua county. Troopers said it appears the driver, 23-year old Brian Bunting, may have been distracted with his cell phone when his pickup truck struck 65-year old rider Robert King's bike. For the hundreds of cyclists riding alongside King this week across North Central Florida, it's a reminder of just dangerous the road can be.
"Everybody was in shock. We are all, the Bike Florida family, just devastated," said Bike Florida president Leigh Matusick.
"Devastated" is how a family member described the driver to TV20 by phone. To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of the page.
- Girl Killed While Riding Her Bike
- 82 Year-Old Shot and Killed while Sleeping
- Pedestrian Killed While Crossing Street
- North Florida Man in Jail After Riding His Horse While Drunk
- Tragic Anniversary Tribute
- Despite Tragic Incident, Horse Competition Continued
- Tragic and Deadly Accidents
- 17 Month Old Tragically Drowns In His Own Backyard
- Shooting may be linked to tragic accident...
- Miami Girl's Tragic Death Leads Local Officials to Review Policy