NASA is dealing with critical cooling unit issue onboard Int'l Space Station.
Williston Road Repairs Completed
It was a case of a dog's bark being worse than it's bite.
When a Department of Transportation contracted tractor-trailer scrapped the underside of the I-75 overpass on Williston Road, the damage looked severe.
But DOT brought in an emergency contractor and went to work repairing the overpass as soon as possible.
Now, just short of six weeks later all road and lane closures have been canceled and the repair work is completely done.
DOT tried to minimize the construction's impact on businesses and drivers, but there were inevitably, a few bumps in the road.
The project was finished three days before deadline and came in hundreds of thousands of dollars under budget.
One of the reasons they wanted to get this repair done quickly is because in the coming weeks DOT will close the Archer Road and Newberry exits for improvements.
Those construction projects will take place at different times.
- County Commissioners Approve Road Repairs
- Gainesville Neighborhood Offers To Pay Higher Taxes To Repair Roads
- Financial Pothole in Repairing Roads
- 2nd Avenue Road Repair Update
- Road Repair Tax Update
- Alachua County Voters Will Decide How to Fund Road Repairs
- FHP: Car Crashes Into, Topples Utility Pole On Williston Road
- Update: Williston Road Closures
- Williston Road Crash
- Construction Nearing Completion at New Shands Cancer Hospital