Airfare Prices Soar
Rising fuel costs led to higher airfare and lower ridership for newcomer American Eagle Airline at Gainesville's Regional Airport.
Bringing a third airline has been a twenty year effort that was realized last October and it's increased the number of people flying through GNV.
Bt six months later after they came to Gainesville, American Eagle's ridership has struggled to get off the ground.
This summer American Eagle will scale back and offer just one flight a day on a fifty seat jet instead of their current two flights a day on 65 seat planes.
It's a move more airlines might have to consider if fuel prices continue to rise.
Triple a says the airline industry is far less volatile.
They expect prices to hover around the same price into summer, even as drivers continue to pay more at the pump to fill their tanks.
- Soaring Gas Prices
- Food Stamps Soar
- Santa Fe Rocket Team Soars Into Great Start
- Gas Prices Lower
- High Price of Racing
- Gas Prices on the Rise
- Car Prices Hit Record as Buyers Load Up on Options
- Gas Prices Continue To Rise
- Got Milk? Farm Bill Discussion Raises Questions on Price of Dairy
- College Students Trying to Keep Up with Rising Textbook Prices