Heart of the Hammock Humane Society Searching For New Home
It's a nationwide problem, that one North Central Florida community is really struggling with, overcrowded animal shelters. The Heart of the Hammock Humane Society in Dixie County doesn't even have a shelter to overcrowd. Their Shelters are the volunteers homes, and neighbors aren't happy. Board members for the Heart of the Hammock Humane Society say they've searched for land to build a shelter all over Dixie County. But, the rural county is becoming more populated, leaving them with limited barking space.
County commissioners feel the current location and housing of the Humane Society is not suitable and are working with them to find somewhere else to go. Commissioners have asked that board members come up with some possible locations for their next meeting in two weeks. If and when they find a new home, the Humane Society hopes to find grant funding that will support their future facility.
- A New Home for Levy County Humane Society
- Heart of The Hammock Under County's Microscope
- Thousands of Dollars Worth of Tools Stolen from Two "Habitat for Humanity" Homes
- Home and Garden Show helps fundraise for Habitat for Humanity
- Alachua Humane Society Gets Brand New Location
- Ventricular Assist Device Gives New Hope To Patients With Heart Failure
- A New Heart For A Local Boy
- Residents See Slow Change at Hammock Oaks
- Possible Changes To Barr Hammock Levy Prairie Trail?
- Barr Hammock Debate Not Over