Hope Boat Ramp just in time for Summer
Just in time for Summer the hope boat ramp in Marion County is re-opening this weekend.
Visitors to Lake Weir began using the newly renovated facility. It now has new wood docks, repaired bulk-heads, an exercise trail and easier vehicle access. The boat ramp is now more structurally secure and disability-friendly.
Funding for the construction was provided by the Florida Recreation Development Assistance and Florida Boating Improvement Programs.
Lake Weir draws tourists from around Florida and the Country throughout the year.
It has a sand bottom-- rather than a mud bottom like most lakes in the area, making it a popular destination for swimming and water sports.
- City Hopes to Revive Boat Ramp and Park
- Missing Airboater's Body Found Near Boat Ramp
- Summer Heatwave Hoping To Double Program Size
- Local Summer Program Hopes To Keep Teens Out Of Trouble
- Summer Program Hopes To Keep Kids Out of Trouble
- FDOT Begins On-Ramp Construction in Alachua
- Food4Kids Backpack Program Ramps Up
- Answers To Hurricane Season, Just A Click Away
- Florida Men's and Women's Diving Coach Donnie Craine Dies in Boating Accident
- FWC Warning Boaters Not To Boat Under the Influence