Hope Boat Ramp just in time for Summer
Just in time for Summer the hope boat ramp in Marion County is re-opening this weekend.
Visitors to Lake Weir began using the newly renovated facility. It now has new wood docks, repaired bulk-heads, an exercise trail and easier vehicle access. The boat ramp is now more structurally secure and disability-friendly.
Funding for the construction was provided by the Florida Recreation Development Assistance and Florida Boating Improvement Programs.
Lake Weir draws tourists from around Florida and the Country throughout the year.
It has a sand bottom-- rather than a mud bottom like most lakes in the area, making it a popular destination for swimming and water sports.
- Missing Airboater's Body Found Near Boat Ramp
- Local Summer Program Hopes To Keep Teens Out Of Trouble
- Summer Program Hopes To Keep Kids Out of Trouble
- Food4Kids Backpack Program Ramps Up
- FDOT Begins On-Ramp Construction in Alachua
- Answers To Hurricane Season, Just A Click Away
- Hope for Blessed Hope Food Pantry in Newberry?
- Hope for "Blessed Hope"
- Operation: That Just Happened
- Boating Under The Influence