Improvements at Tuscawilla Park
It's been around for almost one hundreds years in the heart of Ocala. Now Tuscawilla Park has gotten a face lift with more improvement to come.
A state-of-the-art playground opened one year ago this month. A walking trail encourages locals to walk and 84 trees have recently been planted.
The City is now looking at two designs to renovate the park's auditorium. Both designs include adding an amphitheater, but one also includes an open air facility used to host events.
The park's auditorium was built in the 1930's and has now fallen into disrepair. The city has budgeted $800,000 for the renovations and will vote on a design next month.
The City is also addressing another issue affecting the park, complaints about homeless visitors that frequent the area.Operation Tuscawilla is now underway with a neighborhood watch program. Ocala Police are also stepping up patrol.
- City Rolls Out Park Improvements, With Taxpayer's Help
- Biden Visits Ocala
- Downtown Facelift
- Silver Springs Theme Park May Be Transformed Into a State Park
- Park Safety In Gainesville Eastside Park
- Florida's High Schools Improving
- Alachua County Fire Rescue Improves Public Protection Class
- Improving Water Quality in Silver Springs
- Marion County Inmates Get Improved Health Care
- Teachers Help Children Improve Reading