Last Minute Tax Help
If you're one of the thousands of people in North Central Florida who waited until today to file your taxes, time is running out, but help is still available.
The IRS will penalize people who do not file or ask for an extension by today.
The United Way in Gainesville is offering free assistance to anyone who still needs to file, but doesn't know where to start.
The organization will be offering help until 9 p.m. tonight at their Northwest Gainesville location.
You are encouraged to call 2-1-1 for more information, or you can stop by their building at 6031 Northwest 1st Place.
Taxes need to be filed by mail by 7 p.m. tonight or electronically by midnight.
Here are a few websites that might help take some of the sting out of tax day:
To see where you tax dollars are being spent you can check out Tax Receipt.
Another site to check is Tax Freebies, it features a list of restaurants and other businesses that are offering discounts in honor of tax day.
- Last-Minute Tax Tips, Deadline: April 15th
- Last Minute Tax Tips
- People rush to file last-minute tax returns
- Looking for Last Minute Heroes That Can Help Save a Program
- Taxpayers Filing Taxes on Last Day
- Sales Tax Holiday's Last Day
- Last Minute Halloween Destinations
- "Super Saturday" Draws Last Minute Shoppers
- Last Minute Shoppers Flood Area Stores
- Shopping Tips For Last Minute Shoppers