New Teacher Contracts
TEACHERS ARE NORMALLY THE ONES ISSUING PINK SLIPS TO STUDENTS BUT THIS TIME IT'S THE TEACHERS WHO ARE RECEIVING THE PINK SLIP.
"this is something we go through every year we take a look at our projections to see how many students we are going to have where they are going to be and based on that we decide how many teachers we are going to need" says School Board PIO Jackie Johnson
THE DISTRICT'S PROPOSED STAFFING CALLS FOR THE REDUCTION OF NEARLY 41 FULL-TIME EQUIVALENT INSTRUCTIONAL STAFF MEMBERS, 17 OF THOSE AT THE HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL BY THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR, AND THIS YEAR THAT NUMBER IS HIGHER THAN USUAL
THIS IS ALL COMPLIMENTS OF UPCOMING SCHOOL ENROLLMENT NUMBERS, NATURAL ATTRITION AND EXPIRING STIMULUS AND GRANT MONEY, HOWEVER THOSE NUMBERS AREN'T SET IN STONE..
JULLIAN HAS BEEN AT LINCOLN MIDDLE SCHOOL FOR FOUR YEARS, SHE STARTED AS A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER AND IS NOW IN HER FIRST ANNUAL TEACHING CONTRACT, THE NEWS COULDN'T COME AT A MORE WORSE TIME, SHE'S ALSO SEVEN MONTHS PREGNANT..SHE SAYS LEAVING LINCOLN MIDDLE WILL BE LIKE LEAVING HER FAMILY AND THE HARDEST IS TELLING HER STUDENTS SO SHE DECIDED TO TAKE A DIFFERENT APPROACH
"i'm not going to tell them..there are sixth and seventh graders that are expecting me to be here next year you know..
GEIS SAYS THE NEXT STEP IS TO START PUTTING HER RESUME BACK OUT THERE AND HOPE FOR THE BEST FOR HER AND HER FAMILY..NEQUANA THOMAS FOR TV 20 NEWs
- Teachers Contracts May be Renewed
- Marion Teacher Contracts Not Renewed
- Commission approves new Melrose Fire Dept. contract
- Contract drafted for new Archer city manager
- New teachers in Marion County under pressure to perform
- Teacher of the Year Receives "Unsatisfactory" Evaluation Under New State Law
- New Teachers Become Students Before Taking Over The Classroom
- Alachua County Teachers Gear Up For New School Year
- Teachers Adjust To New Class Size Restrictions
- Missing New Orleans Teacher's Car Found, Body Inside