Officer Wounded in Putnam County Shooting
Calm returned to a small Putnam county community whose quiet streets were blanketed with cop cars Thursday afternoon. In a wooded area in the Lake Como area, an officer was shot but is expected to recover in a deadly undercover investigation that claimed one suspect's life, put another in the hospital, and led to a brief manhunt. The names of the officer and suspects are not being released. Florida department of law enforcement special agent Dominick Pape said agents arranged to buy drugs and guns in an effort to keep them off the streets.
"They (undercover agents) put themselves in the breach to catch these guys and the problem with that is that they put themselves in a very critical danger zone," said Pape.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Putnam Co. "Tardy" in Informing Parents of Attempted Abduction
- Man blows up home and burns himself while making meth
- Dog fighting busted in Putnam County
- Putnam County remembers Deputy Brandee Smith
- Ring of Criminals Connected To 50 Burglaries Arrested
- Investigators Find Body Believed To Be Missing Man From Interlachen
- Nearly Two Years After Tree Trimming Accident, Mom Speaks Out
- Deputies Arrest 14 Suspects During Meth Bust
- Teen Shot and Killed in Palatka
- Two Putnam County Detectives Fired After Bar Fight