Officer Wounded in Putnam County Shooting
Calm returned to a small Putnam county community whose quiet streets were blanketed with cop cars Thursday afternoon. In a wooded area in the Lake Como area, an officer was shot but is expected to recover in a deadly undercover investigation that claimed one suspect's life, put another in the hospital, and led to a brief manhunt. The names of the officer and suspects are not being released. Florida department of law enforcement special agent Dominick Pape said agents arranged to buy drugs and guns in an effort to keep them off the streets.
"They (undercover agents) put themselves in the breach to catch these guys and the problem with that is that they put themselves in a very critical danger zone," said Pape.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Putnam Co. "Tardy" in Informing Parents of Attempted Abduction
- Dog fighting busted in Putnam County
- Putnam County remembers Deputy Brandee Smith
- Two Putnam County Detectives Fired After Bar Fight
- Friend speaks out after Putnam County man shot, killed
- UPDATE: No charges filed in Putnam shooting death
- Law enforcement tactics after California shooting
- Deadly Shooting Raises Questions Among Archer Community
- Suspect in Marion Oaks Shooting shoots himself on I-10
- Local law enforcement issue statements following Dallas shooting