Officer Wounded in Putnam County Shooting
Calm returned to a small Putnam county community whose quiet streets were blanketed with cop cars Thursday afternoon. In a wooded area in the Lake Como area, an officer was shot but is expected to recover in a deadly undercover investigation that claimed one suspect's life, put another in the hospital, and led to a brief manhunt. The names of the officer and suspects are not being released. Florida department of law enforcement special agent Dominick Pape said agents arranged to buy drugs and guns in an effort to keep them off the streets.
"They (undercover agents) put themselves in the breach to catch these guys and the problem with that is that they put themselves in a very critical danger zone," said Pape.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Putnam Corrections Officer Arrested on Drug Charges
- Dixie County deputy and Two Women fatally wounded In Shootout
- Silver Alert in Place for Missing Putnam County Man
- Officer Shot, Wounded in 6-hour Standoff
- Indiana Murder Suspect Arrested in Putnam County
- Putnam County Robbery/Homicide
- Putnam County Fugtives in Kentucky
- Putnam County Methamphetamine Drug Bust
- Putnam County Deputy Hits, Kills Pedestrian Crossing U.S. 17
- Troopers: Man Crashes Car In Putnam County Sheriff's Parking Lot