Officer Wounded in Putnam County Shooting
Calm returned to a small Putnam county community whose quiet streets were blanketed with cop cars Thursday afternoon. In a wooded area in the Lake Como area, an officer was shot but is expected to recover in a deadly undercover investigation that claimed one suspect's life, put another in the hospital, and led to a brief manhunt. The names of the officer and suspects are not being released. Florida department of law enforcement special agent Dominick Pape said agents arranged to buy drugs and guns in an effort to keep them off the streets.
"They (undercover agents) put themselves in the breach to catch these guys and the problem with that is that they put themselves in a very critical danger zone," said Pape.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- UPDATE: No charges filed in Putnam shooting death
- No charges filed in shooting death of Keith Gravitz
- Putnam Co. "Tardy" in Informing Parents of Attempted Abduction
- Putnam County Deputy Shot
- Man blows up home and burns himself while making meth
- Dog fighting busted in Putnam County
- Putnam County remembers Deputy Brandee Smith
- Organizations offer counseling following officer involved shooting
- Home invasion shooting leaves one dead and two others wounded
- Ring of Criminals Connected To 50 Burglaries Arrested