Pastor Terry Jones Causing Insecurity Here...
In the place where the Dove Church stands, Pastor Terry Jones' very presence poses a threat. Most Central Florida residents agree, Pastor Jones is not a representation of this community. But either way, his actions have caused International repercussions and insecurity to the people here.
Deaths and rioting continue in Afghanistan. Reports now saying about twenty people are dead from protests over the actions that happened here. One resident, Ellen Donovan, says, "i don't even live here and I'm concerned, because you don't know what kind of radical fringe people are out there, you just never know what to expect."
Gainesville Police are well aware of the heightening concerns. Captain Ed Book of the Gainesville Police Department says they are taking what's going on very seriously. They are increasing patrol in the neighborhoods surrounding Dove World Outreach Church and are working closely with local, state, and federal agencies.
In response to the increasing concerns in the City of Gainesville, Mayor Craig Lowe says it is important to note that Pastor Terry Jones is an embarrassment to our community, and not representative at all. He says we need to continue to assert the true character of Gainesville.
- Reactions to Terry Jones' Role in the Ongoing Libyan Crisis
- Pastor Jones Moving Out
- A Local Muslim Leader Has Faith that Pastor Jones Will Change His Mind...
- TV20 Sits Down with Pastor Terry Jones
- Radical Display in Front of Gainesville Church Causing Stir
- In-Security at Santa Fe?
- Rodney Long talks About Food Insecurity In Alachua County
- Real Estate Transaction Scams
- Buying Vacant Homes
- Marion Co. Man Fails to Enroll Daughter in School, Says He is a Sovereign Citizen