Rallies Protest, Voices are Heard
Seven rallies throughout Florida gathered today to protest Governor Rick Scott's cuts to the State's disability funding. On April 1st, Scott cut funding for agencies providing in-home services to disabled Floridians. While protesters still rallied his cuts today, their voices may have already been heard.
Special needs programs may not have to suffer any longer. Scott announced he will restore the money now that lawmakers found a way to cover the deficit using money from next year's budget. The house and senate agreed to fill the deficit, both chambers will put as much as 50 million dollars in their final budgets to be spent before the fiscal year ends on June 30th.
- Voters Want Voices Heard In Election
- Zimmerman Trial: Protesters Rally Against Verdict
- Teachers Protest as Tea Partiers Rally against Spending
- Hysteria Heard in 911 Call of Deputy Shooting
- Voters in North Central Florida Voice Their Opinion
- Voices after Violence
- Nurses Voice Frustration Over Hospital's Troubles
- Melrose Residents Voice Concerns about Urban Development
- Teachers Voice Frustration With Evaluations in Face-to-Face Meeting With Lawmakers
- Archer Residents Voice their Concerns on the Archer Braid Trail