Rallies Protest, Voices are Heard
Seven rallies throughout Florida gathered today to protest Governor Rick Scott's cuts to the State's disability funding. On April 1st, Scott cut funding for agencies providing in-home services to disabled Floridians. While protesters still rallied his cuts today, their voices may have already been heard.
Special needs programs may not have to suffer any longer. Scott announced he will restore the money now that lawmakers found a way to cover the deficit using money from next year's budget. The house and senate agreed to fill the deficit, both chambers will put as much as 50 million dollars in their final budgets to be spent before the fiscal year ends on June 30th.
- Voters Want Voices Heard In Election
- Zimmerman Trial: Protesters Rally Against Verdict
- Teachers Protest as Tea Partiers Rally against Spending
- Explanation for "Sonic Boom" Heard Across North Central Florida
- Hysteria Heard in 911 Call of Deputy Shooting
- Protests at Funerals May Come to an End in Florida if Legislation Passes
- Mom Protests Summer Reading List Book
- Residents Protest Against Violence in Venezuela
- 'Justice for Trayvon' Rallies Set For 100 Cities Nationwide
- More Rallies for Trayvon Martin