Severe Weather in Dixie County
The worst of today's severe weather was reported in Dixie County where a tornado warning went into effect around 5:40 AM. Downed power lines, trees uprooted, and debris was the extent of the damage. The strong winds left people busy cleaning up today.
Director of the Dixie County Emergency Operations Center, Tim Alexander, says he can't confirm a Tornado in the area, but there were straight line winds of about 45 to 50 miles per hour. A thousand people were reported without power from the storm, but should all be back up and running by now. No injuries were reported from the weather, just a lot of clean up.
- Severe flooding washes out Dixie County
- Bradford County providing sandbags for residents following severe weather
- Severe weather impacts Columbia County
- Gainesville Residents Cleaning Up After Severe Weekend Weather
- Severe Weather Hits Area
- CFO Sink Establishes Storm Phone Line in Advance of Severe Weather
- Severe Weather Slammed North Central Florida
- FEMA funding denied as Dixie County continues to flood
- Deadly Crash in Dixie County
- Flood damage in Dixie County assessed by the state