Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Severe Weather in Dixie County
The worst of today's severe weather was reported in Dixie County where a tornado warning went into effect around 5:40 AM. Downed power lines, trees uprooted, and debris was the extent of the damage. The strong winds left people busy cleaning up today.
Director of the Dixie County Emergency Operations Center, Tim Alexander, says he can't confirm a Tornado in the area, but there were straight line winds of about 45 to 50 miles per hour. A thousand people were reported without power from the storm, but should all be back up and running by now. No injuries were reported from the weather, just a lot of clean up.
- Severe Weather Hits Area
- CFO Sink Establishes Storm Phone Line in Advance of Severe Weather
- Severe Weather Slammed North Central Florida
- Several Marion County Students Look Forward To Summer School
- Clay County Teenager Severely Injured in Storage Barn Shooting
- Gilchrist Commissioner seeks shelter in Dixie County
- Dixie County Family Fights AvMed Again For Daughter's Health Care
- Authorities Continue Searching For Missing Dixie County Woman
- Contaminated Water at a Dixie County Beach
- Dixie County Murder