Severe Weather in Dixie County
The worst of today's severe weather was reported in Dixie County where a tornado warning went into effect around 5:40 AM. Downed power lines, trees uprooted, and debris was the extent of the damage. The strong winds left people busy cleaning up today.
Director of the Dixie County Emergency Operations Center, Tim Alexander, says he can't confirm a Tornado in the area, but there were straight line winds of about 45 to 50 miles per hour. A thousand people were reported without power from the storm, but should all be back up and running by now. No injuries were reported from the weather, just a lot of clean up.
- Gainesville Residents Cleaning Up After Severe Weekend Weather
- CFO Sink Establishes Storm Phone Line in Advance of Severe Weather
- Severe Weather Slammed North Central Florida
- Severe Weather Hits Area
- Early voting underway in several Florida counties
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- Several Marion County Students Look Forward To Summer School
- Clay County Teenager Severely Injured in Storage Barn Shooting
- Close Race for Dixie County Judge, Mixed Emotions Among Residents
- Flooding in Dixie County